In order to maintain the highest safety standards to protect staff, students and families, we will be required to adhere to the following procedures:
- Students under the age of 10 years will be allowed 1 parent/guardian to accompany them into the studio. Students over the age of 10 will be required to enter the studio by themselves.
- ALL OUTDOOR SHOES will be removed once you have stepped into the studio.
- Students will choose a designated chair in the lobby (which has been marked off in tape). All possessions including coats, bags, water bottles, phones etc will remain in your designated area. There will be NO PHONES, BAGS OR WATER BOTTLES permitted in the studios.
- After leaving things in the waiting area, students will proceed to the washroom and WASH their hands. There are disinfecting wipes in the washroom for students to wipe down taps, toilet seats, counter tops etc before and/or after use.
- Students will then return to the waiting area until your teacher comes to collect you. There will be NO ACCESS to the changeroom. We encourage students to arrive in dance clothes prior to coming to the studio.
- Students over the age of 10 will be required to wear a mask as will the instructors. If you have one, please bring it with you as we have a limited supply for students who do not have one.
- Choreography has been altered to reduce the amount of physical contact and adhere to social distancing guidelines.
- Upon reentry to the dance rooms (after having used the bathroom, or getting a drink of water etc) students will be required to sanitize their hands
- After class, instructors will be sanitizing the space as follows:
- mopping the floors with a solution of bleach and water
- wiping down barres, mats, desks, stereos and doorknobs
In addition, the play area and common furniture have been removed. For parents of our younger students, chairs in the hallway have been spread out to maintain a safe distance of 6 feet.
WE WILL NOT ALLOW ANY STUDENTS OR PARENTS TO WEAR GLOVES INSIDE THE STUDIO as this has been proven to increase the spread. We have supplied HAND SANITIZER in all areas of the studio and encourage its use as much as possible.
The safety of our staff and students will always be our number one priority!!!!
If you wish to discuss any concerns with me, please feel free to call me at 250-374-5404 or send me an email email@example.com